Tasty Tuesday: Lemon Bars

Happy Tuesday!

It's finally beginning to feel like Summer. No more June gloom... at least I think so. ;) It's actually a good balance - not too cold, but not sweltering hot either. :)

I don’t know if you guys remember, but I mentioned in one of my older posts that next on my baking list is lemon bars. Guess what? I finally tried making lemon bars a few months ago! :D

I wasn’t able to take pictures of the whole process, but I did take a picture of the lemon bars I made. :)

Here's the recipe:

For the crust, you are going to need

1 cup flour
¼ cup confectioner's sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
½ cup cold butter, cut into small pieces

For the filling, you are going to need

3 tablespoons flour
½ cup fresh lemon juice
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
A pinch of salt

You will also need confectioner's sugar for dusting.

All you have to do:

- sift flour, confectioner's sugar, and salt – transfer to food processor
- add lemon zest and pulse – add butter a few pieces at a time, process until crumbly – transfer to a square pan (foiled and greased), and press evenly into bottom and sides
- bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- whisk together flour and lemon juice – add eggs, sugar, lemon zest, and salt – whisk until smooth
- pour filling into baked crust
- reduce heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 30 minutes
- cool – lift cookie from pan and place on cutting board
- dust with confectioner's sugar and cut into bars

And taaaaadaaaahhh, you will end up with yummy lemon bars!

Photobucket


Mine weren’t perfect, but they came out pretty well. And they were goooood. :D

Here are some other delicious lemon bars:





***images from Google***

Do you have your own recipe for lemon bars? Any tips for us?

If you end up trying out this recipe, let me know how it turns out for you! :)

And another reminder, my giveaway is open until June 18th! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment